Monday, October 11, 2010

My little smartie


Gray has really started showing his intelligence lately!  He knows his shapes and colors and has started working on counting and his abc's.  He can count to 10 when it is his idea, but for some reason the last couple of days he has been skipping the number 9.  We just started working on abc's, but I think he will pick up on those quickly.  The other morning he woke me up saying, A, B, blah, blah, blah, A, B, blah....  It was pretty cute and pretty obvious that he only knew the first 2 letters.  He also knows a LOT of signs and has a more words in his spoken vocabulary than I can really keep up with.  Basically anything he hears he says.  Probably one thing that amazes me the most about him is his ability to remember EVERYTHING!  For example, his friend (Gavin) came over to play probably more than a month ago and was playing with a train that Gray has.  To this day when Gray picks up that train he usually tells me, "Gavin."  I sometimes have to stop and think about things he tells me and then realize he is talking about something a good bit before that day.  One day he refused to take a nap, as in he sat in his crib for 2 hours and I finally gave up.  When I got him out of his crib I said he could get up if he didn't cry and if he did cry I was going to put him back in his crib to nap.  He did really well at not crying that day and so was allowed to go without a nap.  Then 1-2 weeks later he had finished his nap and when I went to get him he told me, "All done, no cry."  I guess he had been thinking about the fact that he couldn't be all done with his nap unless he didn't cry.

I haven't been all that great at taking pictures of him lately, but the other day he had just finished eating lunch and still had his shirt off.  He then grabbed his fireman helmet and was posing so cute that I got my camera and took tons of pictures of him.  I felt like I should be taking pictures for some calendar or something. ;)












No comments:

Post a Comment